ANNOUNCEMENT # 07-22 AR
POSITION TITLE: ADMIN / TRAINING/ OPNS/
OIC / SUPPLY OFFICER
MAX GRADE: O-3 / CPT
AOC: 01A / Branch Immaterial
LOCATION: Various Locations, VA
FEMALE ASSIGNMENT ELIGIBILITY: Yes
OPENING DATE: 28 October 2021
CLOSING DATE: 30 September 2022
WHO MAY APPLY: Open to all Traditional Officers in the Virginia Army National Guard in the grades of 2LT/O1 through CPT/O3. Current on-board Virginia Army National Guard AGR personnel are INELIGIBLE to apply. Soldiers who are considered Non-Deployable are INELIGIBLE to apply.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Must meet all selection criteria IAW AR 40-501, AR 135-18, AR 600-8-2, AR 600-60, NGR 600-5, NGR 600-100, and NGR 601-1.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties may include but are not limited to;
• Serve as principle staff officer for all matters concerning administrative, training, operations, plans, force development, and modernization. Provide Personnel and Human Resource reporting, oversight, and capability through synchronization with Traditional, AGR, and unit personnel to achieve personnel readiness standards.
• Conduct interagency coordination for operations, plans, and training.
• Serve as the Officer in Charge of task organization and mission assignment to subordinate elements. Review, analyze, and proved recommendations relative to proposed Modified Table of Organization and Equipment (MTOE) and/or Force structure changes to determine impact on personnel authorizations.
• Perform Rear Detachment responsibilities and other duties as necessary in order to accomplish the mission.
• Individuals selected will receive a temporary One-Time Occasional Tour AGR Or-der not to exceed 12 Months, or the availability of funding. Orders can be termi-nated at any time based on the needs of the Virginia Army National Guard.
• Position not available for current Virginia ARNG On-Board AGR Officers.
• Must not be under any unfavorable action.
• Must meet the Army body composition/weight control standards IAW AR 600–9.
• Must possess a valid government credit card or be able to obtain one.
• Must have a current HIV test within 6 months.
• Start date will be effective no earlier than the mobilization date the OTOT position is slotted against.
•End date will be no later than the de-mobilization date the OTOT position is slotted against.
•Females must have a current pregnancy test within 15 days of start date.
•Must meet the Army medical retention standards in accordance with AR 40-501, Chapter 3.
•Must possess a valid Secret Security Clearance or able to obtain as a minimum an Interim Clearance prior to start date. Soldiers with previously revoked or denied clearances are not eligible for either an interim or a waiver, and therefore should not apply.
•Soldiers must not exceed 15 years of Active Federal Service prior to appointment.
•This temporary One-Time Occasional Tour will not exceed 356 days / 12 months, and is contingent upon the availability of funding. Tour can end at any time. Consecutive OTOTs are NOT authorized. Although OTOT AGR Soldiers can compete for fully authorized career AGR positions, they cannot be automatically assessed into the career AGR program.
•End of Tour Leave: An OTOT tour will not be extended for the purpose of exhausting leave. If leave is accrued at the end of the tour, the leave will either be paid out to the Soldier or may be held and rolled over upon into future Active Duty orders.
•Must be medically deployable and have an approved family care plan.
•The start date is contingent on availability of funding from NGB.
•Incomplete applications submitted for this vacancy announcement will not be considered. Applicants are responsible for maintaining current information on their application. Failure to provide current information may result in non-referral for consideration.
•Upon selection, all applicants must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved Medical/Religious Exemption (or application) no later than 15 December 2021.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents
1.Completed NGB Form 34-1 (signed and dated).
2.Copies of last five consecutive OERs.
3.Current Certified or Validated copy of Enlisted Record Brief (ORB).
4.Current Medical Protection System Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) Record, dated within the last 12 months to be valid.
5.Last 3 years of DTMS APFT history or DA Form 705 cards and DTMS HT/WT history printout or DA Form 5500/5501 (include all DA Forms 3349 if applicable).
6.Documentation to support all periods of duty/service creditable for retirement. Any of the following may be used DD Form 214, DA Form 1506, or NGB Forms23A/23B.
7.Security Clearance Verification Memorandum (verified by Security Manager).
8.Geographic Preference Sheet.
9.Any additional information the applicant may wish to submit for consideration(i.e., Letters of Recommendation, awards, certificates, degrees, etc.).
10.If fully vaccinated, copy of CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The Virginia National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for these positions will be made without discrimination for any non-merit reason(s) such as age, gender, ethnic origin, race, religion, political affiliation, marital status, handicap, or non-disqualifying disability. Pre-selection is not only coun-ter-productive to effective recruitment and placement, but also violates Virginia National Guard Placement principles and will not be tolerated.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Position requires a “SECRET” security clearance. Must be able to obtain as a minimum, an “interim” clearance prior to appointment to the posi-tion. Soldiers with a prior revoked or denied clearance are not eligible for either an interim or a waiver and should not apply. If tentatively selected for a position and soldier cannot be granted an interim clearance prior to appointment to the position, the offer for the position maybe revoked, Non USA citizens are not eligible for a security clearance per DOD 5200.2R.
Submit applications to this HQ, ATTN: Virginia Army National Guard, JFHQ-VA HRO, PRN: 210, 8000 Jefferson Davis HWY, BLDG 430, Richmond, Virginia 23297, NLT 1630 on the closing date of this announcement. Do not submit application packets in notebooks, folders, document protectors, staples or with any other form of binding. Scanned email or faxed applications will not be accepted.
POC FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: CW4 D’Juana L. Goodwin who can be reached at (804) 236-7823 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org