ANNOUNCEMENT # 09-22 AR
POSITION TITLE: PBO / ADMIN / Cyber
Aviation Warrant Officer
MAX GRADE: W-3 / CW3
MOS: 011A / Branch Immaterial
LOCATION: Various UNIT: Various
FEMALE ASSIGNMENT ELIGIBILITY: Yes
OPENING DATE: 28 October 2021
CLOSING DATE: 30 September 2022
WHO MAY APPLY: Open to all Traditional Soldiers in grades W-2 / CW2 through
W-3 / CW3 who are members of the Virginia Army National Guard. Current on-board Virginia Army National Guard AGR personnel are INELIGIBLE to apply.Soldiers who are considered Non-Deployable are INELIGIBLE to apply.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Must meet all selection criteria IAW AR 40-501, AR 135-18, AR 600-8-2, AR 600-60, NGR 600-5, NGR 600-101, and NGR 601-1.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
•Serves as the State’s principle point of contact and staff advisor for developing and monitoring plans and programs pertaining to Army National Guard (ARNG)Warrant Officer recruiting and retention.
•Works closely with Cyber Defense Section to maintain all server systems within the Command Cyber Readiness Inspection (CCRI) guidelines. Provides guid-ance to G6 actual on future application development plans and server lifecycle replacement plans. Establishes chain of custody procedures for cyber equip-ment.
•Provides Aviation Support through various missions.
•Provide Personnel and Human Resource reporting, oversight, and capability through synchronization with Traditional, AGR, and unit personnel to achievepersonnel readiness standards. Conduct interagency coordination for operations, plans, and training. Serve as the technical expert on HR policy, personnel ac-counting and strength reporting, correspondence, evaluations, awards and deco-rations, officer career management, officer strength.
•Serve as the Officer in Charge of task organization and mission assignment tosubordinate elements. Supervise technical aspects of unit property records re-lated to organizational and installation property. Directly responsible for all prop-erty requiring formal accountability. Request and synchronize new equipmentfielding to enhance unit readiness and Unit Status Report (USR). Conduct re-views of authorization documents and develop plans to divest the excess and an-tiquated equipment. Review and process Financial Liability of Property Loss(FLIPL) to ensure lost or damaged assets are removed from the Army inventoryand replaced. Prepare and process Found on Installation (FOI) documentation as needed to enhance the Army's fiscal posture Work closely with the State Com-mand Chief Warrant Officer. • Perform Rear Detachment responsibilities and other duties assigned as neces-sary.
• Individuals selected will receive a Temporary One-Time Occasional Tour AGR Order not to exceed 12 Months, or the availability of funding. Orders can be ter-minated at any time based on the needs of the Virginia Army National Guard.
• Position not available for current Virginia ARNG On-Board AGR Warrant Of-ficers.
• Must not be under any unfavorable action.
• Must meet the Army body composition/weight control standards IAW AR 600–9.
• Must possess a valid government credit card or be able to obtain one.
• Must have a current HIV test within 6 months.
• Start date will be effective no earlier than the mobilization date the OTOT position is slotted against.
• End date will be no later than the de-mobilization date the OTOT position is slotted against.
• Females must have a current pregnancy test within 15 days of start date.
• Must meet the Army medical retention standards in accordance with AR 40-501, Chapter 3.
• Must possess a valid Secret Security Clearance or able to obtain as a minimum an Interim Clearance prior to start date. Soldiers with previously revoked or de-nied clearances are not eligible for either an interim or a waiver, and therefore should not apply.
• Soldiers must not exceed 15 years of Active Federal Service prior to appointment.
• This temporary One-Time Occasional Tour will not exceed 365 days / 12 months, and is contingent upon the availability of funding. Tour can end at any time. Con-secutive OTOTs are NOT authorized. Although OTOT AGR Soldiers can com-pete for fully authorized career AGR positions, they cannot be automatically as-sessed into the career AGR program.
• End of Tour Leave: An OTOT tour will not be extended for the purpose of ex-hausting leave. If leave is accrued at the end of the tour, the leave will either be paid out to the Soldier or may be held and rolled over upon into future Active Duty orders.
• Must be medically deployable and have an approved family care plan.
• The start date is contingent on availability of funding from NGB.
• Incomplete applications submitted for this vacancy announcement will not be considered. Applicants are responsible for maintaining current infor-mation on their application. Failure to provide current information may re-sult in non-referral for consideration.
• Upon selection, all applicants must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or an approved Medical/Religious Exemption (or application) no later than 15 December 2021.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents
1. Completed NGB Form 34-1 (signed and dated).
2. Copies of last five consecutive OERs.
3. Current Certified or Validated copy of Officer Record Brief (ORB).
4. Current Medical Protection System Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) Record, dated within the last 12 months to be valid.
5. Last 3 years of DTMS APFT history or DA Form 705 cards and DTMS HT/WT history printout or DA Form 5500/5501 (include all DA Forms 3349 if applicable).
6. Documentation to support all periods of duty/service creditable for retirement. Any of the following may be used DD Form 214, DA Form 1506, or NGB Forms 23A/23B.
7. Security Clearance Verification Memorandum (verified by Security Manager).
8. Geographic Preference Sheet.
9. Any additional information the applicant may wish to submit for consideration (i.e., Letters of Recommendation, awards, certificates, degrees, etc.).
10. If fully vaccinated, copy of CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The Virginia National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Em-ployer. Selection for these positions will be made without discrimination for any non-merit reason(s) such as age, gender, ethnic origin, race, religion, political affiliation, marital status, handicap, or non-disqualifying disability. Pre-selection is not only coun-ter-productive to effective recruitment and placement, but also violates Virginia National Guard Placement principles and will not be tolerated.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Position requires a “SECRET” security clearance. Must be able to obtain as a minimum, an “interim” clearance prior to appointment to the position. Soldiers with a prior revoked or denied clearance are not eligible for either an in-terim or a waiver and should not apply. If tentatively selected for a position and soldier cannot be granted an interim clearance prior to appointment to the position, the offer for the position maybe revoked, Non USA citizens are not eligible for a security clearance per DOD 5200.2R.
Submit applications to this HQ, ATTN: Virginia Army National Guard, JFHQ-VA HRO, PRN: 210, 8000 Jefferson Davis HWY, BLDG 430, Richmond, Virginia 23297, NLT 1630 on the closing date of this announcement. Do not submit application packets in notebooks, folders, document protectors, staples or with any other form of binding. Scanned email or faxed applications will not be accepted. POC FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: CW4 D’Juana L. Goodwin who can be reached at (804) 236-7823 or email@example.com