CSM Smith’s Foxhole Report – 7th Edition
CSM’S TOP 5 TOPICS:
1. Washington, D. C Civil Disturbance Support Mission:
a. Transitioning our Soldiers back to the state
2. Continuing the COVID 19 safety posture to protect Soldiers while still executing the mission
3. Preparing our units for upcoming mobilizations
b. Reverse RSOI: Ensuring Soldiers PAY and MEDICAL ISSUES are taken care of; Ensuring Soldier records are properly updated
(Manning, Equipping, Mentoring, and Career development)
4. FY21 Best Warrior Competition
a. Will be conducted 18-21 March 2021 at Fort Pickett VA.
5. Sergeant Major Course Packets:
b. Subject to change due to current mission requirements (More to follow)
NLT 05 April 2021
JUNIOR ENLISTED (Information for your RUCKSACK):
Senior NCO TOC – What you need to know:
- YOUR BENEFITS: All Virginia Army National Guardsmen and Women are eligible for up to a $3000 state tax exemption on National Guard pay (see Virginia Code. Ann § 58.1-322.21)
- National Guard Special License Plates are half price for National Guard members currently serving.
- ENLISTED PROMOTION BOARDS 2021: ** Don’t miss your unit’s suspense! **
- Some promotion requirements include:
- CPMOS changes consideration on DA 4187
- Completion of SSD
- Submission of Course Completion Certificates
- Individual Soldier validation of Enlisted Record Briefs.
- Letters to your Colleges and Universities: MG Williams, in partnership with other state agencies, is working to procure a letter for students who were mobilized IRT the Washington DC Civil Disturbance. MG William’s intent is to convey to schools that these Citizen-Soldiers were responding to an involuntary call to duty. The letter will request flexibility from these institutions as Guardsmen return to their studies after missing weeks of academic requirements.
- ADOS Opportunity: COVID-19 Support Mission. If interested, please send email to: 529th S-3 Mailbox: firstname.lastname@example.org
CURRENT AGR CAREER OPPORTUNITIES:
- BREAK, BREAK, BREAK! Enlisted Promotion Board Date Change: EPS Board will be conducted 23-26 FEBUARY 2021. The deadline for packet submittal has been EXTENDED to 16 February 21.
- Enlisted Records Brief (ERB)- All NCO’s must update their ERBs Prior to upcoming promotion board
- Temporary Promotion (Sergeant through Sergeant Major) (PPOM 20-048): This guidance sets the specific conditions required to promote Deployed and Pregnant Soldiers
- Sergeant Major Course Packets: Due 05 April 2021
- Class Seats will be cut by 50% in FY21!! It is imperative that units only send Soldiers who are prepared, administratively correct, and can PASS the course. ALL no-shows or non-completions will REQUIRE a memorandum for record from the Soldier’s unit to the State Command Sergeant Major.
SENIOR NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICER ASSIGNMENTS/RETIREMENTS:
- AGR JOB # 18-21, AR Position: INFORMATION SYSTEMS OPERATOR, MOS:25B, Grade: E-7/SFC, UNIT: 34th CST (WMD), LOCATION: Fort Pickett, VA, (S: 25 February 2021)
- AGR JOB # 04-21, AR Position: Counterdrug Analyst, Grade: E-4/SPC thru E-6/SSG, UNIT: Recruiting and Retention BN, LOCATION: VARIOUS Virginia, (S: 30 SEPT. 2021)
- AGR JOB # 15-21 AR Position: Grade: E-6/SSG, Position title: HR NCO, UNIT: Recruiting and Retention BN, LOCATION: Fort Pickett, VA (S: 6 FEB. 2021)
- AGR JOB # 01-20 AR SUPPLY SERGEANT (VARIOUS LOCATIONS)
- AGR JOB # 02-20 AR ADMIN NCO (VARIOUS LOCATIONS)
- AGR JOB # 03-20 AR RECRUITING & RETENTION NCO (VARIOUS LOCATIONS) Contact the POC for more information: Mrs. Jennyfer Davis at (804) 236-7833 or email@example.com or D’ Juana Goodwin at (804) 236-7823 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEY NCO VACANCIES:
- CSM Long, Jason: Promoted/assigned to 1030th TRANS BN, Gate City, VA
- CSM Perry, Timothy: Promoted/assigned to 111th FA BN, Hampton, VA
ADDITIONAL SOLDIER RESOURCES AND GUIDANCE:
QUOTE OF THE MONTH:
"Luck is when opportunity meets someone who’s prepared."
- HHC 3/116th IN BN Winchester, VA (XA3T0), Position MOS: CSM, 11Z60, Female assignment eligibility: Yes, S: 22 February 2021
- C BTRY 1/111th, Hampton, VA (PHMC0), Position MOS 1SG, 13Z50, Female assignment eligibility: Yes, S: 22 February 2021
- 134th Cyber Security Company, Fairfax, VA (W97UAA), Position MOS 1SG, 00F50, Female assignment eligibility: Yes, S: 26 February 2021
- 124th Cyber Protection Battalion, Fairfax, VA (W97TAA), Position MOS 1SG, 00F50, Female assignment eligibility: Yes, S: 26 February 2021
- General Glen D. VanHerck, Commander, North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) and United States Northern Command (USNORTHCOM)
SPOTLIGHT TOPIC: The COVID-19 Vaccines
My experience/personal data:
First of all I would like to recognize our Virginia Army National Guard medical personnel. They are nothing short of amazing! The VANG COVID vaccine process was extremely organized, efficient and informative.
I’m a 50 year old African America male who is in fairly good health (by my assessment). I’ve been in the military for 32 years, my weight is 198lbs and I am 5’8” in height.
I received the first shot of the MODERNA vaccine on 04 January 2021. Following the administration of the vaccine, I was moved to an observation area for 15 minutes. I experienced mild soreness in my right arm, comparable to what you would expect from the FLU shot. The next day I went running with NO issues. I’m looking forward to taking my next shot on the 06 February 2021 at beautiful Fort Pickett, VA!
MY RECOMMENDATION: GET VACCINATED AND KEEP YOURSELF, YOUR BATTLES AND YOUR FAMILIES SAFE!
WARRIOR 7, OUT!
View previous editions of CSM Smith’s Foxhole :