ANNOUNCEMENT # 04-21 AR
POSITION TITLE: Counterdrug Analyst
GRADE: Army: E-4/SPC thru E-6/SSG Air: E-4/SrA thru E-6/Sgt
LOCATION: Bristol, Charlottesville, Danville, Fairfax, Hampton, King George, Norfolk, Richmond, Roanoke, Waynesboro, and Winchester, Virginia
UNIT: Virginia National Guard Counterdrug Task Force
FEMALE ASSIGNMENT ELIGIBILITY: Yes
OPENING DATE: 13 October 2020 CLOSING DATE: 30 September 2021
WHO MAY APPLY: Open to all Military Technician/Traditional/Soldiers in the grades of E-4/SPC through E-6/SSG who are members of the Virginia Army or Air National Guard.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Must meet all selection criteria IAW AR 40-501, AR 135-18 AR 600-8-2, AR 600-60, NGR 600-5, NGR 600-200 and NGR 601-1.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Criminal Analysts (in a law enforcement support role) will provide case support initiatives to participating agencies, including network, communication, and flow analysis. Collect, organize, and analyze large amounts of criminal information and extract significant facts. Assist in identifying needs of law enforcement agencies and initiatives. Integrate and creatively use computers and software/databases to assist in the analysis process. Identify and develop undocumented areas of investigations. Identify leads for follow-up criminal investigation for law enforcement agencies and initiatives. Prepare reports, bulletins, and other specialized reports dealing with criminal organizations. Identify trends, patterns, and potential officer safety concerns. Establish and maintain liaison with drug investigators and criminal intelligence officers from various law enforcement agencies. Attend intra/inter-agency meetings and conferences to gather and share information. Attend contemporary and continuing education/training opportunities to remain current with all necessary information analysis systems and procedures. Provide training to assist in the transfer of analytical skills to new analysts, select personnel, and law enforcement as needed. Must be willing to work shifts that could include evenings, nights, or weekends.
• Law Enforcement, Military Police, or Intelligence related experience is preferred but not required. Must be proficient and demonstrate competent skills in Microsoft Office Applications such as (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, SharePoint and Pow-erPoint). The ability to follow directives, instructions and standard operating pro-cedures with limited supervision is required. Technical and fluid communication oral and written in form is required. Experience with systems like: Cellebrite, PLX, TruNarc, Analysts Notebook, RF-Flow, Case Explorer, LINX and GIS is de-sired but not required. Applicants will be given an assessment to measure their analytical skills.
• Applicant must perform all scheduled weekend drills (IDT) and Annual Training.
• Applicant is subjected to urinalysis testing prior to entry on active duty and periodic testing while on active duty. This is in addition to testing at the unit level.
• Applicant is subject to annual criminal background checks prior to being brought onto orders. If a member has an unfavorable record, he/she may be removed from the program or denied entry on CD orders.
• Applicant is required to comply with DOD 5500.7-R, Joint Ethics Regulation (JER), and conflict of interest policies. Applicants must uphold the highest standards of conduct and personal appearance.
• Soldiers who currently occupy a technician position must ensure their technician chain of command (O5 level or equivalent) is aware of the ADOS application and approves of this temporary assignment, should you be selected.
• Applicant must be able to successfully clear POSTA/Suitability Screening (Position of Significant Trust and Authority). If the applicant does not pass POSTA and is ineligible for a waiver, the applicant will be removed from ADOS.
• Individual must not have over 17 years of Active Federal Service.
• The start date is contingent on availability of funding from NGB.
• Incomplete applications submitted for this vacancy announcement will not be considered. Applicants are responsible for maintaining current information on their application. Failure to provide current information may result in non-referral for consideration.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents:
1. Commander’s Recommendation/Endorsement verifying good standing with the unit.
2. Completed DA Form 1058-R ADOS application (signed and dated).
3. Geographical Preference Sheet
4. Copy of current not expired Driver’s License.
5. Copies of last five consecutive NCOERs. If you are a new E-5/SGT and have not yet received and NCOER, or an E-4/SPC you must submit a letter of recommendation from your COMMANDER.
6. Current Certified or Validated copy of Enlisted Record Brief (ERB).
7. Current Medical Protection System Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) Record accessible through AKO. The IMR must be dated within the last 12 months to be valid.
8. Current copy of Physical Health Assessment (PHA) within 12 months.
9. Last 3 years of DTMS APFT history or DA Form 705 cards and DTMS HT/WT history printout or HT/WT statement DA Form 5500/5501 (include all DA Forms 3349 if applica-ble).
10. Documentation to support all periods of duty/service creditable for retirement. Any of the following may be used DD Form 214, DA Form 1506, NGB Forms 23A/23B, or ANG Point Credit Summary Service History).
11. Any additional information the applicant may wish to submit for consideration (i.e., Letters of Recommendation, awards, certificates or degrees related to position, etc.).
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The Virginia National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for these positions will be made without regard to race, religion, age, national origin, sex, political affiliation, marital status, or any other non-merit factors.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Position requires a “SECRET” security clearance. Must be able to obtain as a minimum, an “interim” clearance prior to appointment to the position. Soldiers with a prior revoked or denied clearance are not eligible for either an interim or a waiver and should not apply. If tentatively selected for a position and soldier cannot be granted an interim clearance prior to appointment to the position, the offer for the position maybe revoked, Non USA citizens are not eligible for a security clearance per DOD 5200.2R.
Submit applications to this HQ, ATTN: Virginia Army National Guard, JFHQ-HRO, PRN: 210, 8000 Jefferson Davis HWY, BLDG 430, Richmond, Virginia 23297, NLT 1630 on the closing date of this announcement. Do not submit application packets in notebooks, folders, document protectors or with any other form of binding. Scanned or faxed applications will not be accepted. POC FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: CW4 Djuana L. Goodwin who can be reached at (804) 236-7823 or firstname.lastname@example.org.