ANNOUNCEMENT # 02-21 AR
POSITION TITLE: Supply Sergeant or PBO NCO
LOCATION: Various Locations, Virginia
FEMALE ASSIGNMENT ELIGIBILITY: Yes
OPENING DATE: 29 September 2020
CLOSING DATE: 30 September 2021
WHO MAY APPLY: Open to all AGR/Military Technician/Traditional/Air Guard, Active Duty personnel of any Armed Forces. Soldiers in the grades of E-4 / SPC through E-6/ SSG who are members of the Virginia Army National Guard. If you are not a member of any National Guard; you must meet the prerequisites to be become a member of the Virginia Army National Guard.
**Applicants are encouraged to submit application packets as soon as possible. Packets will be accepted until the closing date of 30 September 2021. Qualified applicants will be interviewed and placed on an Order of Merit Listing (OML). Vacancies will be filled as they become available.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Must meet all selection criteria IAW NGR 601-1, NGR 600-200, NGR 600-5, AR 600-60, AR 40-501, AR 600-8-2 and AR 135-18.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Serves as the Unit Sup-ply Sergeant responsible for the request receipt, issue and accountability of individual, organizational and expendable supplies and equipment; initiates financial liability inves-tigations of property loss (FLIPL). Performs duties shown at preceding level of skill and provides guidance to junior grade personnel. Directs supply personnel in establishing supply and inventory control management functions. Maintains property under the Global Combat Support System-Army (GCSS-Army) system. Reviews daily and monthly records of issues of petroleum products and operating supplies. Assists and advises supply officer, Property Book Officer (PBO) and Commander. Other duties as assigned.
Soldier must be MOSQ as a (92Y) Supply Specialist or PBO NCO
Supply Specialist must possess the following qualifications:
(1) A physical demands rating of Moderate (Gold).
(2) A physical profile of 222222.
(3) Qualifying scores.
(a) A minimum score of 95 in aptitude area CL Armed Services Voca-
tional Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) tests administered prior to 2 January
(b) A minimum score of 92 in aptitude area CL on ASVAB tests adminis-
tered on and after 2 January 2002 and prior to 1 July 2004.
(c) A minimum score of 90 in aptitude area CL on ASVAB tests adminis-
tered on and after 1 July 2004.
Special Note: SPC/E4 must have completed BLC, WLC or PLDC in order to apply for the position.
• Incomplete applications submitted for this vacancy announcement will not be considered. Applicants are responsible for maintaining current information on their application.
• Ensure you attach the Geographical Location Sheet with your application
• Must have passing APFT within 6 months of the submission of your application. Soldier selected for this position who do not meet the above mentioned APFT re-quirement will need to complete an APFT prior to receiving a start date.
• The start date is contingent on availability of funding from NGB
In regards to ALL current and future AGR Vacancy Announcements open to SSG and above, the following applies:
For entry into the AGR Program, SSG or above must possess the required grade and MOS level authorized for the AGR duty position. This may require the Soldier to be Administratively Reduced to attend MOS school prior to entry into the pro-gram.
For Soldiers already in the AGR program, SSG or above who do not possess the required MOS, must become MOS qualified within 12 months of the start date.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents:
1. Completed NGB Form 34-1 (signed and dated).
2. Geographical Preference Sheet.
3. Copies of last five consecutive NCOERs. If you are an E-4 or a new E-5 and have not yet received an NCOER, you must submit a letter of recommendation from your COMMANDER.
4. Current Certified or Validated copy of Enlisted Record Brief (ERB).
5. Most recent Medical Protection System Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) Rec-ord accessible through AKO. The IMR must be dated within the last 12 months to be valid.
6. Documentation to support all periods of duty/service creditable for retirement. Any of the following may be used DD Form 214, DA Form 1506 or NGB Forms 23/23B).
7. Last 3 years of DTMS APFT history or DA Form 705 cards and DTMS HT/WT history printout or HT/WT statement. (Include all DA Forms 5500 or 5501, if appli-cable) and all DA Form 3349 Medical Profiles if applicable.
8. Any additional information the applicant may wish to submit for consideration (i.e., Letters of Recommendation, awards, etc.)
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Position requires a “SECRET” security clearance. Must be able to obtain as a minimum, an “interim” clearance prior to appointment to the posi-tion. Soldiers with a prior revoked or denied clearance are not eligible for either an in-terim or a waiver and should not apply. If tentatively selected for a position and soldier cannot be granted an interim clearance prior to appointment to the position, the offer for the position maybe revoked, Non USA citizens are not eligible for a security clearance per DOD 5200.2R.
Submit applications to this HQ, ATTN: Virginia Army National Guard, JFHQ- VA-HRO, 8000 Jefferson Davis HWY, BLDG 430, Richmond, Virginia 23297, NLT 1630 on the closing date of this announcement. Do not submit application packets in notebooks, folders, document protectors or with any other form of binding. Scanned or faxed ap-plications will not be accepted. POC FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION or Ques-tions: Ms. Deatrice Crawley at (804-236-7838) email@example.com or CW4 D’ Juana Goodwin at (804) 236-7823, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.