ANNOUNCEMENT # 20-07-01 AF
POSITION TITLE: Airplane Fighter Pilot
GRADE: Capt/O-3 – Lt Col/O-5
LOCATION: Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA
UNIT: 149th Fighter Squadron
OPENING DATE: 1 Oct 2020
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
WHO MAY APPLY: Open to all Active Duty/Traditional (DSG)/Technician/AGR Airmen in the grade of Capt/O-3 – Lt Col/O-5 who are eligible for membership in the Virginia Air National Guard. Maj/O-4 and Lt Col/O-5 grade contingent on control grade availability.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Must meet all selection criteria IAW ANGI 36-101 Chapter 5, AFI 36-2905, AFI 48-123.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administers combat flight training to military aircrews. Instructs and evaluates pilots through a broad training spectrum, in addition to performing pilot duties, which may include, but is not lim-ited to: a. Mission Qualification Training (MQT): Training to qualify the aircrew in basic, ad-vanced, and combat flying duties; b. Flight Lead Upgrade Training (FLUG): Training wingmen who have advanced to the skill levels required to lead a 2/4 ship formation in tactical maneuver-ing; c. Mission Commander Upgrade Training (MCUG): Training experienced 4-ship flight leads to command Large Force Employment operations both in exercises and combat. d. Instructor Pilot Upgrade (IPUG): Training pilots that have demonstrated outstanding ability in the airplane and knowledge of how to employ the F-22 to become instructors.
1. Except for mobilization or other emergency, member accepted for tour will not be subject to permanent change of duty location without his/her consent. Retention in the program will be subject to continued satisfactory performance as determined by the supervisor and/or commander.
2. Individuals selected for AGR tours must meet the Preventative Health Assessment (PHA)/physical qualifications outlined in AFI 48-123, Medical Examination and Stand-ards. They must also be current in all Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) requirements to include immunizations. RCPHA/PHA and dental must be conducted not more than 12 months prior to entry on AGR duty and an HIV test must be completed not more than six months prior to the start date of the AGR tour.
3. IAW ANGI 36-101, para 5.5. AGR Airmen are subject to the provisions of ANGI 10-248, Air National Guard (ANG) Fitness Program until superseded by AFI 36-2905, Fitness Program. Airmen must meet the minimum requirements for each fitness component in addition to scoring an overall composite of 75 or higher for entry into the AGR program. For members with a documented DLC which prohibits them from performing one or more components of the Fitness Assessment, an overall "Pass" rating is required.
4. Existing ANG promotion policies apply and grade ceilings established by ANGI 36-101.
5. At the option of supervisor/nominating official, applicants are subject to personal inter-view upon notification of time and place. Necessary travel is at applicant’s expense.
6.Airmen who voluntarily resigned from the AGR Program in lieu of adverse personnel actions, or who have been involuntarily separated from the AGR Program are not eligible to reenter the program.
7.All notifications of selection are conditional until verification of security clearance, medical clearance and HRO approval.
8.Perform other duties as assigned.
9.Previous 5- or 7-level aircraft maintenance experience/qualifications preferred.
10.Cross-training authorized. Members who do not already hold the 2A6X3 AFSC must ob-tain AFSC within two years of appointment.
11.Position is contingent on the availability of NGB funding.
12.Must be a current and qualified F-22 Pilot.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents in ONE SINGLE PDF package (you can use the adobe portfolio function)
1.Completed NGB Form 34-1, Application for Active Guard/Reserve (AGR) Posi-tion https://www.ngbpmc.ng.mil/ngbforms/
2.Current Report of Individual Personnel (RIP)/Records Review, dated within last 30 days
3.Current Individual Fitness Report from the Fitness Management System
4.Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) Report (AF Portal)
5.AF Form 422 Notification of Member’s Medical Qualification Status and AF 469 DutyLimiting Condition Report (if currently on restrictions)
6.Current Point Credit Accounting Report System (PCARS); if Active Duty submit theequivalent form of an AF 1613 or Statement of Service
7.Branch equivalent documents authorized
EEO POLICY STATEMENT: Consideration for this position will be without regard to sex, age, handicap (except where required by military regulations), race, color, national origin, religion, lawful political affiliation or membership/non-membership in an employee organization. Submit applications directly to 192 SS/FSF-HR, 165 Sweeney Blvd, Suite 206, Joint Base Lang-ley-Eustis, Virginia 23665 or by email: Va_ANGJobs@us.af.mil; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
POC FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: MSgt Nichelle Hackney at firstname.lastname@example.org, and CW4 D’Juana Goodwin at email@example.com.