1. This vacancy announcement is for the position of First Sergeant.
a. Projected fill date: On or about 1 June 2021.
b. Unit where vacancy exists: 1710th TC, Emporia, VA (WTHFAA).
c. Position MOS, Position Number, Para/line: 88Z5M, 3056714, 101/02
d. Eligibility Criteria:
(1) Applications must meet one of the following criteria:
(a) M-day Soldiers holding the rank of Master Sergeant/E8
(b) M-day Soldiers holding the rank of SFC/E7 and meet TIG/TIS eligibility requirements for promotion to E8 and be on the current promotion list. Must be a graduate of Senior Leaders Course and SSD level 4. Additionally, any E7 selected must complete MLC prior to promotion.
(c) AGR Master Sergeants in the VaARNG currently assigned in E8 positions within the JFHQ, TDA unit or higher headquarters in the chain of command are eligible to apply. AGR Master Sergeants, if selected, will have to obtain a TAG approved Command Leadership Waiver before being assigned to the position. Per NGR 600-5 para 4-6d(3), AGR E7’s are not eligible for promotion through the CLASP program. Any AGR application must also include a signed memo of understanding from the full time OIC. AGR applicants should reach out to the Enlisted Promotion Section to obtain a copy of the MOU.
(d) Technicians who meet eligibility requirements may apply, but will require a Command Leadership Waiver if selected.
(2) Must have a minimum of a Secret Security Clearance.
(3) Be a member or eligible to become a member of the Virginia Army National Guard.
2. How to apply: Interested candidates must submit the documents listed below no later than 20 May 2021 to The Adjutant General, ATTN: NGVA-PEO-EP (Enlisted Promotions Manager), Building 316, Fort Pickett, Blackstone, Virginia 23824-6316. (packets may be emailed to the POC)
a. Memorandum requesting consideration from Soldier.
b. DA Photo.
c. APFT results for the last three years (DA Form 705).
d. Height/weight certificate (within 30 days) from immediate commander.
e. MEDPROS printout indicating Periodic Health Assessment is current.
f. Last three DA Forms 2166-8/2166-9 (NCOERs).
g. Verification of Secret Security Clearance from the VaARNG State Security Manager.
h. Most recent DA 1059 indicating highest military education completed.
i. A copy of their ERB/SRB.
j. Letter of recommendation from chain of command (optional).
3. Point of contact is 1SG Jerry Witcher, 434-298-6380, firstname.lastname@example.org.