ANNOUNCEMENT # 29-21 AR
POSITION TITLE: Recruit Sustainment Program (RSP) NCO
LOCATION: Abingdon, VA
UNIT: Recruiting and Retention Battalion
FEMALE ASSIGNMENT ELIGIBILITY: Yes
OPENING DATE: 28 April 2021
CLOSING DATE: 28 May 2021
WHO MAY APPLY: Open to all AGR/Military Technician/Traditional Soldiers in the grades E-5/SGT through E-6/SSG who are members of the Virginia Army National Guard.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Must meet all selection criteria IAW AR 40-501, AR 135-18, AR 600-8-2, AR 600-8-22, AR 600-9, AR 600-60, NGR 500-3, NGR 600-5, NGR 600-10, NGR 600-200, and NGR 601-1.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Oversees all training, conducts RSP rehearsals, and training meetings. Is accountable for all as-signed RSP Soldiers and Cadre. Ensures all recruits are physically fit, mentally prepared and administratively correct. Addresses administrative and logistical issues as necessary. Ensures all training is conducted to stand ard. Ensure counseling is conducted on all assigned RSP recruits. Ensures Risk Assessments are developed for all training. Reviews all lesson plans prior to train-ing. Is responsible for pay and administration for RSP Unit. Verifies documentation of all training and attendance. Is responsible for establishing and maintaining individual RSP Training Files. Coordinates activities and training as necessary with armory facilitator. Updates and maintains Training Schedules. Coordinates use of local unit training aides and training sites. Coordinates meals and billeting for RSP drills. Forwards all AARs to RSP Operations NCO. Contacts recruits by phone or in person at least once per month and mails monthly newsletters. Prepares Warriors for shipping and ensure Shipper Packets are screened and administratively correct. Ensures communication with IADT manager and MEPS to ensure every Soldier has been prescreened. Ensures all Warrior data in VULCAN is administratively correct. Optimizes Warrior utilization of Tuition Assistance and educational opportunities. Monitors seat utilization and promotes off-peak and quick ship opportunities. May perform additional duties as assigned.
• Recruitment Sustainment Program (RSP) NCO (00F3X) must possess the following qualifications:
(1) A minimum physical profile of 122221.
(2) Qualifying scores.
(a) A minimum general technical (GT) score of 110 in aptitude area GT on Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) tests (waivable) to GT score of 100 or GT score of 95 with a skilled-technical (ST) score of 95).
• If selected, the candidate must complete Suitability screening. The candidate has 14 days to complete a background investigation; the unit will assist the selected candidate.
• The start date is contingent on availability of funding from NGB.
• Incomplete applications submitted for this vacancy announcement will not be considered. Applicants are responsible for maintaining current information on their application. Failure to provide current information may result in non-referral for consideration.
In regards to ALL current and future AGR Vacancy Announcements open to E6/SSG and above, the following applies:
- For entry into the AGR Program, E6/SSG or above must possess the required grade and MOS level authorized for the AGR duty position. This may require the Soldier to be Administratively Reduced to attend MOS school prior to entry into the program.
- For Soldiers already in the AGR program, E6/SSG or above who do not possess the required MOS, must become MOS qualified within 12 months of the start date.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents
1. Completed NGB Form 34-1 (signed and dated).
2. Copies of last five consecutive NCOERs and all DA Form 1059s. If less than three NCOERs, or if you are a new E-5 and have not yet received an NCOER you must submit a letter of recommendation from your COMMANDER.
3. Current Certified or Validated copy of Officer Record Brief (ERB).
4. Current Medical Protection System Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) Record accessible through AKO, dated within the last 12 months to be valid.
5. Last 3 years of DTMS APFT history or DA Form 705 cards and DTMS HT/WT history printout or DA Form 5500/5501 (include all DA Forms 3349 if applicable).
6. Completed DD 369 (Police Record Check).
7. HRR Form 600 Recruiting and Training Cadre Suitability Questionnaire.
8. Documentation to support all periods of duty/service creditable for retirement. Any of the following may be used DD Form 214, DA Form 1506 or NGB Forms 23A/23B.
9. Any additional information the applicant may wish to submit for consideration (i.e., Letters of Recommendation, awards, certificates, degrees, etc.).
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The Virginia National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for these positions will be made without discrimination for any non-merit reason(s) such as age, gender, ethnic origin, race, religion, political affiliation, marital status, handicap or non-disqualifying disability. Pre-selection is not only counter-productive to effective recruitment and placement, but also violates Virginia National Guard Placement principles and will not be tolerated.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Position requires a “SECRET” security clearance. Must be able to obtain as a minimum, an “interim” clearance prior to appointment to the position. Soldiers with a prior revoked or denied clearance are not eligible for either an interim or a waiver and should not apply. If tentatively selected for a position and soldier cannot be granted an interim clearance prior to appointment to the position, the offer for the position maybe revoked, Non USA citizens are not eligible for a security clearance per DOD 5200.2R.
Submit applications to this HQ, ATTN: Virginia Army National Guard, JFHQ-VA HRO, PRN: 210, 8000 Jefferson Davis HWY, BLDG 430, Richmond, Virginia 23297, NLT 1630 on the closing date of this announcement. Do not submit application packets in notebooks, folders, document protectors, staples or with any other form of binding. Scanned email or faxed applications will not be accepted.
OC FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: CW4 Djuana L. Good-win who can be reached at (804) 236-7823 or email@example.com