ANNOUNCEMENT # 30-21 AR
POSITION TITLE: Medical Operations Officer
GRADE: O-3/CPT AOC: (70H)
LOCATION: Fort Pickett, Blackstone, VA
UNIT: 34th Civil Support Team (WMD)
FEMALE ASSIGNMENT ELIGIBILITY: Yes
OPENING DATE: 05 May 2021
CLOSING DATE: 07 June 2021
WHO MAY APPLY: Open to all AGR/Military Technician/Traditional/ Active Duty Officers of any Armed Forces in the grades of O-1/2LT through O-3/CPT who are members of any Army National Guard or able to meet the prerequisites to become members of the Virginia Army National Guard.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Must meet all selection criteria IAW AR 40-501, AR 135-18, AR 600-8-2, AR 600-8-22, AR 600-9, AR 600-60, NGR 600-5, NGR 600-100, and NGR 601-1.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Acts as a resource for the Incident Commander on the medical administrative aspects of a response to a hazardous event. Identifies the requirements for victim transportation including the number and types of vehicles needed. Provides advice on the disbursement of casualties depending on the location of the needed bed capacity and the capabilities of the healthcare facilities. Provides advice on other DOD response elements on the procedures required to control access and prevent contamination when requested. Provides advice on expansion of current healthcare facilities to accommodate the number of victims. Recommends relocation of patients from contaminated or destroyed medical care facilities. Advises the Incident Commander on releasing medical information to the public. Obtains medical Intelligence information and shares with appropriate agencies. Coordinates with civilian and federal healthcare facilities to identify their needs for follow-on support. When needed, facilitates follow-on medical support for the Incident Commander. Performs other duties as specified by the Commander.
• Officers not currently AGR and not qualified may apply for this position. However, if selected and not qualified, the Officer will not be appointed into the AGR program until AOC qualified.
• Officers who are not 70 series would be required to go through the US Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) board process with a subsequent State Federal Recognition Board.
• Must have a feeder AOC 70H, or already 70H qualified, or be willing to get 70H qual-ified.
• Must have or become CBRNE Responder (SQI of “R”) qualified within 6 months of being assigned.
• Individuals selected for AGR tours must meet the Preventative Health Assessment (PHA)/physical qualifications outlined in AFI 48-123 or AR 40-501 (Standards of Medical Fitness).
• They must also be current in all Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) requirements to include immunizations.
• PHA and dental must be conducted not more than 12 months prior to entry on AGR duty and an HIV test must be completed not more than six months prior to the start date of the AGR tour.
• Required to pass an Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Hazardous Materials physical for assignment to a Civil Support Team. Selected individual unable to pass required physical exams will be released from the AGR program. The OSHA physical is a separate requirement from the standard military retention physical or Periodic Health Assessment (PHA).
• CST Members are required to maintain 24/7/365 availability to respond to a no-
notice alert IAW state and national response requirements.
• Must relocate and reside within 55 miles of Ft. Pickett, Blackstone.
• Applicant must possess or be able to possess and maintain government travel card.
• Period of initial assignment is no less than 3 years.
• Must be eligible to complete 20 years Active Federal Service before their Mandatory Removal Date (MRD).
• The start date is contingent on availability of funding from NGB.
• Incomplete applications submitted for this vacancy announcement will not be considered. Applicants are responsible for maintaining current information on their application. Failure to provide current information may result in non-referral for consideration.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents:
1. Completed NGB Form 34-1 (signed and dated).
2. Copies of last five consecutive OERs and all DA Form 1059s.
3. Current Certified or Validated copy of Officer Record Brief (ORB).
4. Current Medical Protection System Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) Record accessible through AKO, dated within the last 12 months to be valid.
5. Last 3 years of DTMS APFT history or DA Form 705 cards and DTMS HT/WT history printout or DA Form 5500/5501 (include all DA Forms 3349 if applicable).
6. HRR Form 600 Recruiting and Training Cadre Suitability Questionnaire.
7. Documentation to support all periods of duty/service creditable for retirement. Any of the following may be used DD Form 214, DA Form 1506 or NGB Forms 23A/23B.
8. Any additional information the applicant may wish to submit for consideration (i.e., Letters of Recommendation, awards, certificates, degrees, etc.).
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The Virginia National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for these positions will be made without discrimination for any non-merit reason(s) such as age, gender, ethnic origin, race, religion, political affiliation, marital status, handicap or non-disqualifying disability. Pre-selection is not only counter-productive to effective recruitment and placement, but also violates Virginia National Guard Placement principles and will not be tolerated.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Position requires a “SECRET” security clearance. Must be able to obtain as a minimum, an “interim” clearance prior to appointment to the position. Soldiers with a prior revoked or denied clearance are not eligible for either an interim or a waiver and should not apply. If tentatively selected for a position and soldier cannot be granted an interim clear-ance prior to appointment to the position, the offer for the position maybe revoked, Non USA cit-izens are not eligible for a security clearance per DOD 5200.2R.
Submit applications to this HQ, ATTN: Virginia Army National Guard, JFHQ-VA HRO, PRN: 210, 8000 Jefferson Davis HWY, BLDG 430, Richmond, Virginia 23297, NLT 1630 on the closing date of this announcement. Do not submit application packets in notebooks, folders, document protectors, staples or with any other form of binding. Scanned email or faxed applications will not be accepted. POC FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: CW4 Djuana L. Goodwin who can be reached at (804) 236-7823 or firstname.lastname@example.org