ANNOUNCEMENT # 22-05-01 AF POSITION TITLE: Enlisted Accessions Recruiter (Hiring for two positions)
GRADE: SrA/E-4 NTE TSgt/E-6
LOCATION: Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA
OPENING DATE: 5 May 2022
CLOSING DATE: 5 Jun 2022
WHO MAY APPLY:
Open to all members of the Virginia Air National Guard, or who are eligible to become members of the Virginia Air National Guard in grades SrA/E-4 NTE TSgt/E-6. (NATIONWIDE).
CROSS TRAINING AUTHORIZED: Y
ASVAB SCORE REQUIRED: G24
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Must meet all selection criteria IAW ANGI 36-101 Chapter 5, AFI 36-2905, AFI 48-123.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an Enlisted Accessions Recruiter and a member of the Virginia Recruiting & Retention team,
you will organize and execute programs to enlist and retain quality personnel to satisfy strength
requirements of the state/territory/wing/GSU as outlined in applicable AFMANs and higher
headquarters publications and directives. Coordinate and disseminate Recruiting & Retention
(R&R) information and establish effective relationships with the local community, high schools,
and unit members. Initiate and follow-up on all contacts with prospective applicants to discuss
overall opportunities of the VAANG. Plan and organize recruiting activities. Developing an annual
strategic plan to include goals and objectives, recruiting activities, financial planning and
advertising and marketing initiatives. Utilize the Air Force Recruiting Information Support System
Total Force (AFRISS-TF) to its fullest capabilities to maintain proper record of recruits, recruiting
activities and goals. Military supervision of the Production Recruiter will be with the Recruiting
1. Except for mobilization or other emergency, member accepted for tour will not be
subject to permanent change of duty location without his/her consent. Retention in the
program will be subject to continued satisfactory performance as determined by the
supervisor and/or commander.
2. Individuals selected for AGR tours must meet the Preventative Health Assessment
(PHA)/physical qualifications outlined in AFI 48-123, Medical Examination and
Standards. They must also be current in all Individual Medical Readiness (IMR)
requirements to include immunizations. RCPHA/PHA and dental must be conducted not
more than 12 months prior to entry on AGR duty and an HIV test must be completed not
more than six months prior to the start date of the AGR tour.
3. IAW ANGI 36-101, para 5.5. AGR Airmen are subject to the provisions of ANGI 10-248,
Air National Guard (ANG) Fitness Program until superseded by AFI 36-2905, Fitness
Program. Airmen must meet the minimum requirements for each fitness component in
addition to scoring an overall composite of 75 or higher for entry into the AGR program.
For members with a documented DLC which prohibits them from performing one or
more components of the Fitness Assessment, an overall "Pass" rating is required.
4. Existing ANG promotion policies apply and grade ceilings established by ANGI 36-
5. At the option of supervisor/nominating official, applicants are subject to personal
interview upon notification of time and place. Necessary travel is at applicant’s
6. Airmen who voluntarily resigned from the AGR Program in lieu of adverse personnel
actions, or who have been involuntarily separated from the AGR Program are not
eligible to reenter the program.
7. All notifications of selection are conditional until verification of security clearance,
medical clearance and HRO approval.
8. Retention in the program will be subject to continued satisfactory performance as
determined by the supervisor and/or commander
9. Must maintain outstanding appearance, military bearing and high standards of conduct
IAW AFI 36-2903 and AFI 36-2905 standards.
10. Must be willing to work long and irregular hours including weekends, be subject to public
scrutiny, and become involved in civic and military activities that support the local
11. Completion of USAF/ANG/AFRES Basic Recruiting Course is mandatory.
12. PULHES - 111321 / X Factor - G / ASVAB - General – 24
13. No history of emotional instability, personality disorder, or other unresolved mental health
14. Must possess a valid state/territory driver's license to operate government motor vehicles.
15. No record of disciplinary action (Letter of Reprimand [LOR] or Article 15) for committing
acts of malpractice or misconduct or engaging in an unprofessional or inappropriate
relationship as defined in AFI 36-2909, or documented failures (LOR or Article 15) to
exercise sound leadership principles with respect to morale or welfare of subordinates.
16. Member will need to be medically cleared before starting in the position.
17. IAW AFECD, 31 Oct 2021, SDI 8R000, 184.108.40.206, For AFR/ANG, must score 80 or above of
the last two fitness tests and have no current fitness exemptions.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents in ONE SINGLE PDF package (you
can use the adobe portfolio function). INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE
1. Completed NGB Form 34-1, Application for Active Guard/Reserve (AGR) Position
2. Current Report of Individual Personnel (RIP)/Records Review, dated within last 30 days
(Go to vMPF, select “Record Review/Update”, select “View/Print All Pages”, then print as
3. Current Individual Fitness Report from the Fitness Management System (myFSS)
4. Current Point Credit Accounting Report System (PCARS) (in vMPF select “Self
Service Actions” link, then select “Personal Data”, select “ANG/USAFR Point Credit
Summary Inquiry (PCARS)" and then finally select “View All” to print as pdf); if Active
Duty submit the equivalent form of an AF 1613 or Statement of Service
5. Branch equivalent documents authorized
6. Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) Report (AF Portal)
EEO POLICY STATEMENT: Consideration for this position will be without regard to sex, age,
handicap (except where required by military regulations), race, color, national origin, religion,
lawful political affiliation or membership/non-membership in an employee organization.
Submit applications by email to: email@example.com