ANNOUNCEMENT # 35-22 AR
POSITION TITLE: NBC Survey Team Chief
GRADE: E-6/ SSG
LOCATION: Fort Pickett, Blackstone, VA
UNIT: 34th CST (WMD)
FEMALE ASSIGNMENT ELIGIBILITY: Yes
OPENING DATE: 23 June 2022
CLOSING DATE: 22 July 2022
WHO MAY APPLY: Open to all AGR/Military Technician/Traditional/Air Guard or Active Duty Soldiers in the grades of E-5/SGT through E-6/SSG who are members of any Army National Guard or able to meet the prerequisites to become members of the Virginia Army National Guard.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Must meet all selection criteria IAW AR 40-501, AR 135-18, AR 600-8-2, AR 600-60, NGR 600-5, NGR 600-200, and NGR 601-1.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible to perform the duties of Recon NCO in the event the Recon NCO is not available during a WMD (Weapons of Mass Destruction) incident. Participates in the state of the art detection and sample collection technology training per the Survey Team training. Expected to be proficient in NBC antidote administration, safe patient extraction, and crime scene/evidence preservation techniques. Participates in and monitors WMD (CST) chain–of custody (sample transfer) procedures. Follows the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Guide when responding to incidents utilizing the appropriate respiratory protection. Utilizes the established checklist and code words in reporting the detection, identification and sample collection actions in the Hot Zone/contaminated area. Maps out the physical layout of the incident site. Attends designated agency domestic terrorism threat briefings. Performs other additional duties as assigned.
• Soldier must be Qualified as a (74D) Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Specialist:
• CBRN Specialist (74D) must possess the following qualifications:
(1) A physical demands rating of Moderate (Gold).
(2) A physical profile of 122221
(3) Normal color vision.
(4) Qualifying scores.
(a) A minimum score of 95 in aptitude area ST on Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) tests administered prior to 2 January 2002.
(b) A minimum score of 91 in aptitude area ST on ASVAB tests administered on and after 2 January 2002 and prior to 1 October 2013.
(c) A minimum score of 100 in aptitude area ST on ASVAB tests administered on and after 1 October 2013.
• Must successfully complete the 8-week Civil Support Skills Course and all Basic-level Individual Training Requirements IAW NGR 500-3/ANGI 10-2053 within 12 months of hiring. Must complete Department of Defense / IFSAC Hazardous Ma-terials Technician certification and maintain annual proficiency as a HAZMAT Technician while serving on the CST. Must obtain and maintain all individual training and certification requirements as prescribed in the CST Garrison Stand-ard Operating Guidelines, including, but not limited to, annual Combat Lifesaver Certification, CPR/BLS Certification, training and certification as a Confined Space Rescue Technician, and training and certification as a Structural Collapse Rescue Technician. All personnel assigned to the CST must complete training in the Incident Command System (minimum of ICS-100, ICS-200, IS-700, and IS- 800
• CST Members are required to maintain 24/7/365 availability to respond to a no-notice alert IAW state and national response requirements.
• Applicant must complete an OSHA physical and meet OSHA standards for wear-ing personal protective equipment (including respiratory screening).
• Applicant must complete a CNGB 3501.00 compliant Pre-placement physical examination within 30 days of placement on the WMD-CST.
• Must relocate and reside within 60 miles of Fort Pickett, Blackstone, VA; PCS is authorized.
• This assignment requires extensive travel for training and response operations.
• Must be CBRNE Responder (SQI of “R”) qualified within 12 months of being as-signed.
• Must meet any special requirements as specified on the CST Position Description.
• Mandatory Stabilization period is 3 years from hire date.
• The start date is contingent on availability of funding from NGB.
• Incomplete applications submitted for this vacancy announcement will not be considered. Applicants are responsible for maintaining current information on their application. Failure to provide current information may result in non-referral for consideration.
• Upon selection, all applicants must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
In regards to ALL current and future AGR Vacancy Announcements open to E6/SSG and above, the following applies:
For entry into the AGR Program, E6/SSG or above must possess the required grade and MOS level authorized for the AGR duty position. This may require the Soldier to be Administratively Reduced to attend MOS school prior to entry into the program.
For Soldiers already in the AGR program, E6/SSG or above who do not pos-sess the required MOS, must become MOS qualified within 12 months of the
Interested applicants must submit the following documents
1. Completed NGB Form 34-1 (signed and dated).
2. Copies of last five consecutive NCOERs. If less than three NCOERs, or if you are a new E-5 and have not yet received an NCOER you must submit a letter of recommendation from your COMMANDER.
3. Current Certified or Validated copy of Enlisted Record Brief (ERB).
4. Current Medical Protection System Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) Record, dated within the last 12 months to be valid. Must have a valid HIV test within 6 months of start date.
5. Last 3 years of DTMS APFT history or DA Form 705 cards and DTMS HT/WT history printout or DA Form 5500/5501 (include all DA Forms 3349 if applicable).
6. Completed DD 369 Form (Police Record Check).
7. HRR Form 600 Recruiting and Training Cadre Suitability Questionnaire.
8. Documentation to support all periods of duty/service creditable for retirement. Any of the following may be used DD Form 214, DA Form 1506 or NGB Forms 23A/23B.
9. Any additional information the applicant may wish to submit for consideration (i.e., Letters of Recommendation, awards, certificates, degrees, etc.).
10. If fully vaccinated, copy of CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The Virginia National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for these positions will be made without discrimination for any non-merit reason(s) such as age, gender, ethnic origin, race, religion, political affiliation, marital status, handicap or non-disqualifying disability. Pre-selection is not only counter-productive to effective recruitment and placement, but also violates Virginia National Guard Placement principles and will not be tolerated.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Position requires a “SECRET” security clearance. Must be able to obtain as a minimum, an “interim” clearance prior to appointment to the position. Soldiers with a prior revoked or denied clearance are not eligible for either an interim or a waiver and should not apply. If tentatively selected for a position and soldier cannot be granted an interim clearance prior to appointment to the position, the offer for the position maybe revoked, Non USA citizens are not eligible for a security clearance per DOD 5200.2R.
Submit applications to this HQ, ATTN: Virginia Army National Guard, JFHQ-VA HRO, PRN: 210, 8000 Jefferson Davis HWY, BLDG 430, Richmond, Virginia 23297, NLT 1630 on the closing date of this announcement. Do not submit application packets in notebooks, folders, document protectors, staples or with any other form of binding. Scanned email can be sent to NG VA VAARNG List HRO AGR Packets Mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org
POC FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: (804) 236-7823