ANNOUNCEMENT # 02-23 AR
POSITION TITLE: Recruiting and Retention NCO
LOCATION: Various Locations, Virginia
UNIT: Recruiting and Retention Battalion
FEMALE ASSIGNMENT ELIGIBILITY: Yes
OPENING DATE: 01 October 2022
CLOSING DATE: 30 September 2023
WHO MAY APPLY: Open to all AGR/Military Technician/Traditional/Active Soldiers in the grades of E-4/SPC through E-6/SSG who are members of the Virginia Army National Guard or able to become members of the Virginia Army National Guard.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Must meet all selection criteria IAW AR 27-10, AR 40-501, AR 670-1, AR 135-18, AR 600-8-2, AR 600-60, NGR 600-5, NGR 600-200, and NGR 601-1.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recruiting & Retention NCOs must conform to the highest moral and ethical standards and responsibilities required of an NCO. RRNCOs are responsible for managing their own time and often work long and erratic hours to accomplish assigned missions. Must maintain compliance with applicable strength maintenance regulations, policies, procedures, and State guidance. Specific tasks, duties, and responsibilities include the following but are not limited to establishing and maintaining contacts in designated recruiting area in order to generate interest, leads, and enlistments into the VAARNG. Conducts telephone prospecting, area canvassing and other lead generating activities. Establishes and maintains effective centers of influence (COIs) and very important persons (VIPs) in schools, and civic/government organizations. Develops, implements, and maintains effective school recruiting programs. Presents formal and informal presentations to various school and civic groups concerning the VAARNG mission/role, history, programs, features, benefits, and various enlistment opportunities. Pre-qualifies prospects to ensure current, basic enlistment eligibility criteria are met. This includes enlistment options, programs, obligations, IET requirements, selective reserve incentive programs (SRIP) and the Montgomery GI Bill. Advises and assists unit commander(s) in assigned areas in developing and implementing an effective strength maintenance program, to include action plans for major training activities, unit events, classes, and seminars. During mobilization and as otherwise required, assists commander(s) in the design, development, and implementation of a Family Assistance Center. Conducts retention interviews as required.
• Must have a minimum score of 110 in the aptitude area general technical (GT) or applicants can request a line score waiver to 100. GT waiver to 100 and 96 in aptitude area ST.
• Those requiring a line score waiver must submit request with packet, the Professional Education Center (PEC) is the approving authority.
• If selected, the candidate must complete Positions of Significant Trust and Authority (POSTA) screening with favorable results. The candidate has 14 days to complete a background investigation and behavioral health interview (BHI), the unit will assist the selected candidate IAW ALARCT 188/2014.
• Must complete Recruiting and Retention NCO course at the National Guard Professional Education Center within 6 months of assignment.
• This is a 3-year stabilization tour. Relocation may be required. Elected soldiers will be assigned to station location based on the needs of the service.
• The start date is contingent on availability of funding from NGB.
• Incomplete applications submitted for this vacancy announcement will not be considered. Applicants are responsible for maintaining current information on their application.
• Individuals must not be under Suspension of Favorable Personnel Actions
• Individuals possessing more than 15 years of Active Federal service are ineligible to apply.
• Upon selection, all applicants must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents:
1. Completed NGB Form 34-1 (signed and dated).
2. Copies of last five consecutive NCOERs. If you are a new E-5/SGT and have not yet received and NCOER, or an E-4/SPC you must submit a letter of recommendation from your COMMANDER.
3. Current Certified or Validated copy of Enlisted Record Brief (ERB).
4. Current Medical Protection System Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) Record accessible through MODS, dated within the last 12 months to be valid.
5. Last 3 years of DTMS APFT history or DA Form 705 cards and DTMS HT/WT
history printout or DA Form 5500/5501 (include all DA Forms 3349 if applicable).
IPPS-A screen shots of APFT and HT/WT information are authorized.
6. Geographical Preference Sheet.
7. Completed DD 369 Form (Police Record Check) if you do not have a clearance.
8. HRR Form 600 Recruiting and Training Cadre Suitability Questionnaire.
9. Documentation to support all periods of duty/service creditable for retirement. Any of the following may be used DD Form 214, DA Form 1506 or NGB Forms 23A/23B.
10. Any additional information the applicant may wish to submit for consideration (i.e., Letters of Recommendation, awards, certificates, degrees, etc.).
11. If fully vaccinated, copy of CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The Virginia National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for these positions will be made without discrimination for any non-merit reason(s) such as age, gender, ethnic origin, race, religion, political affiliation, marital status, handicap or disability.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Position requires a “SECRET” security clearance.
Must be able to obtain as a minimum, an “interim” clearance prior to appointment to the position. Soldiers with a prior revoked or denied clearance are not eligible for either an interim or a waiver and should not apply. If tentatively selected for a position and soldier cannot be granted an interim clearance prior to appointment to the position, the offer for the position maybe revoked, Non USA citizens are not eligible for a security clearance per DOD 5200.2R.
Submit applications to this HQ, ATTN: Virginia Army National Guard, JFHQ-HRO, PRN: 210, 6090 Strathmore Road, BLDG 430, Richmond, Virginia 23237, NLT 1630 on the closing date of this announcement. Do not submit application packets in notebooks, folders, document protectors or with any other form of binding. Scanned email can be sent to NG VA VAARNG List HRO AGR Packets Mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org .
POC FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: (804) 236-7823 or (804) 236-7833.