ANNOUNCEMENT # 01-23 AR
POSITION TITLE: Supply Sergeant or PBO NCO
LOCATION: Various Locations, Virginia
FEMALE ASSIGNMENT ELIGIBILITY: Yes
OPENING DATE: 01 October 2022
CLOSING DATE: 30 September 2023
WHO MAY APPLY: Open to all AGR/Military Technician/Traditional/Air Guard, Active Duty personnel of any Armed Forces. Soldiers in the grades of E-4 / SPC through E-6/ SSG who are members of the Virginia Army National Guard. If you are not a member of any National Guard; you must meet the prerequisites to be become a member of the Virginia Army National Guard.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Must meet all selection criteria IAW NGR 601-1, NGR 600-200, NGR 600-5, AR 600-60, AR 40-501, AR 600-8-2 and AR 135-18.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Serves as the Unit Sup-
ply Sergeant responsible for the request receipt, issue and accountability of individual, organizational and expendable supplies, and equipment; initiates financial liability investigations of property loss (FLIPL). Performs duties shown at preceding level of skill and provides guidance to junior grade personnel. Directs supply personnel in establishing supply and inventory control management functions. Maintains property under the Global Combat Support System-Army (GCSS-Army) system. Reviews daily and monthly records of issues of petroleum products and operating supplies. Assists and advises supply officer, Property Book Officer (PBO) and Commander. Other duties as assigned.
Soldier must be MOSQ as a (92Y) Supply Specialist or PBO NCO
Supply Specialist must possess the following qualifications:
(1) A physical demands rating of Moderate (Gold).
(2) A physical profile of 222222.
(3) Qualifying scores.
(a) A minimum score of 95 in aptitude area CL Armed Services Voca- tional Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) tests administered prior to 2
(b) A minimum score of 92 in aptitude area CL on ASVAB tests administered on and after 2 January 2002 and prior to 1 July 2004.
(c) A minimum score of 90 in aptitude area CL on ASVAB tests administered on and after 1 July 2004.
Special Note: SPC/E4 must have completed BLC or WLC in order to apply for the position.
• Incomplete applications submitted for this vacancy announcement will not be considered. Applicants are responsible for maintaining current information on their application.
• Ensure you attach the Geographical Location Sheet with your application
• The start date is contingent on availability of funding from NGB
• Individuals must not be under Suspension of Favorable Personnel Actions
• Individuals possessing more than 15 years of Active Federal service are ineligible to apply.
• Upon selection, all applicants must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
In regards to ALL current and future AGR Vacancy Announcements open to SSG and above, the following applies:
For entry into the AGR Program, SSG or above must possess the required grade and MOS level authorized for the AGR duty position. This may require the Soldier to be Administratively Reduced to attend MOS school prior to entry into the pro- gram.
For Soldiers already in the AGR program, SSG or above who do not possess the required MOS, must become MOS qualified within 12 months of the start date.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents:
1. Completed NGB Form 34-1 (2013 version) (signed and dated).
2. Geographical Preference Sheet.
3. Copies of last five consecutive NCOERs. If you are an E-4 or a new E-5 and have not yet received an NCOER, you must submit a letter of recommendation from your COMMANDER.
4. Current Certified or Validated copy of Enlisted Record Brief (ERB).
5. Most recent Medical Protection System Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) Rec- ord accessible through MODS (contact your unit for assistance). The IMR must be dated within the last 12 months to be valid.
6. Documentation to support all periods of duty/service creditable for retirement. Any of the following may be used DD Form 214, DA Form 1506 or NGB Forms 23/23B).
7. Last 3 years of DTMS APFT history or DA Form 705 cards and DTMS HT/WT
history printout or DA Form 5500/5501 (include all DA Forms 3349 if applicable). IPPS-A screen shots of APFT and HT/WT information are authorized.
8. Any additional information the applicant may wish to submit for consideration (i.e., Letters of Recommendation, awards, etc.)
9. If fully vaccinated, copy of CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The Virginia National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for these positions will be made without discrimination for any non-merit reason(s) such as age, gender, ethnic origin, race, religion, political affiliation, marital status, handicap or disability.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Position requires a “SECRET” security clearance. Must be able to obtain as a minimum, an “interim” clearance prior to appointment to the posi- tion. Soldiers with a prior revoked or denied clearance are not eligible for either an in- terim or a waiver and should not apply. If tentatively selected for a position and soldier cannot be granted an interim clearance prior to appointment to the position, the offer for the position maybe revoked, Non USA citizens are not eligible for a security clearance per DOD 5200.2R.
Submit applications to this HQ, ATTN: Virginia Army National Guard, JFHQ-HRO, PRN: 210, 6090 Strathmore Road, BLDG 430, Richmond, Virginia 23237, NLT 1630 on the closing date of this announcement. Do not submit application packets in notebooks, folders, document protectors or with any other form of binding. Scanned email can be sent to NG VA VAARNG List HRO AGR Packets Mailbox email@example.com
POC FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: (804) 236-7823or (804) 236-7833.