ANNOUNCEMENT # 23-11-02 AF
POSITION TITLE: CYBER WARFARE OPS
GRADE: E6/TSgt NTE E7/MSgt
LOCATION: Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA
UNIT: 185th COS, 192d WG
OPENING DATE: 1 Dec 2022
CLOSING DATE: Open until Filled
WHO MAY APPLY: Open to all members of the Virginia National Guard, or who are eligible to become members of the Virginia National Guard in grade E6/TSgt NTE E7/MSgt. (NATIONWIDE)
CROSS TRAINING AUTHORIZED: N ASVAB SCORE REQUIRED: N/A
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Must meet all selection criteria IAW ANGI 36-101 Chapter 5, AFI 36-2905, AFI 48-123.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepares for, maintains currency for, and executes an advanced role in Cyberspace Operations. Utilizes knowledge of systems security principles and concepts of emerging Information Technology (IT) security developments, and of the infrastructure protection environment to select appropriate tools to be used by team members. Establishes methodology and determines best techniques to secure computer systems and to protect cyber key terrain from exploitation of information within these systems and/or to achieve other tasked objectives in cyber-space. Leverages knowledge of multiple entities with a stake in current operations to plan and build appropriate courses of action and training scenarios. Prepares Regularly Scheduled Drill, Annual Training and currency training events for Mission Ready Cyberspace Operators to optimize training time available. Provides oversight on training and evaluation currency for Combat Mission Ready Cyberspace Operators. Acts as an enlisted leader on the full time staff and within the military organization. Consults with supervisors, Drill Status Guardsmen, specialists, vendors, and sister Cyberspace Operations Units to operate virtual training range and other system configurations to realistically emulate mission networks to prepare for Cyber Protection Team missions and other defensive cyber ops duties as assigned.
As part of the Cyber Protection Team may function in at least one of the following advanced roles:
a) Cyberspace Crew Lead. Develops tactical objectives and/or tactical tasking’s for a team of Cyberspace Operators. Serves as the liaison between assigned team and other teams or external entities.
b) Team NCOIC. Directs tactical execution for a team of Cyberspace Operators. Develops tactical approach and synchronizes actions of multiple qualified operators in order to achieve objectives.
c) Operations Planner. Represents the unit’s capability, availability, and interests at high-level Operational Planning Team (OPT) meetings to define the mission, environment, enemy, effects, capabilities, overall plan, phasing, operational agreements and contingencies needed to conduct the operation or exercise. Develops a tactical plan for assigned missions and exercises. Member will be prepared to operate as a member of the mission leadership element to translate operational objectives into tactical objectives comprised of specific tactical tasks. Develops Measures of Effectiveness and Measures of Performance to be used in the assessment of the mission’s or exercises success. Prepares and coordinates operator, resource, facilities and equipment schedules in coordination with unit and flight commanders in order to ensure training, currency, and mission timelines and objectives are met.
1. Except for mobilization or other emergency, member accepted for tour will not be subject to permanent change of duty location without his/her consent. Retention in the program will be subject to continued satisfactory performance as determined by the supervisor and/or commander.
2. Individuals selected for AGR tours must meet the Preventative Health Assessment (PHA)/physical qualifications outlined in AFI 48-123, Medical Examination and Standards. They must also be current in all Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) requirements to include immunizations. RCPHA/PHA and dental must be conducted not more than 12 months prior to entry on AGR duty and an HIV test must be completed not more than six months prior to the start date of the AGR tour.
3. IAW ANGI 36-101, para 5.5. AGR Airmen are subject to the provisions of ANGI 10-248, Air National Guard (ANG) Fitness Program until superseded by AFI 36-2905, Fitness Program. Airmen must meet the minimum requirements for each fitness component in addition to scoring an overall composite of 75 or higher for entry into the AGR program. For members with a documented DLC which prohibits them from performing one or more components of the Fitness Assessment, an overall "Pass" rating is required.
4. Existing ANG promotion policies apply and grade ceilings established by ANGI 36-101.
5. At the option of supervisor/nominating official, applicants are subject to personal interview upon notification of time and place. Necessary travel is at applicant’s expense.
6. Airmen who voluntarily resigned from the AGR Program in lieu of adverse personnel actions, or who have been involuntarily separated from the AGR Program are not eligible to reenter the program.
7. All notifications of selection are conditional until verification of security clearance, medical clearance and HRO approval.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents in ONE SINGLE PDF package (you can use the adobe portfolio function). INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
1. Completed NGB Form 34-1, Application for Active Guard/Reserve (AGR) Position https://www.ngbpmc.ng.mil/Forms/NGB-Forms/
2. Current Report of Individual Personnel (RIP)/Records Review, dated within last 30 days (Go to vMPF, select “Record Review/Update”, select “View/Print All Pages”, then print as Adobe pdf).
3. Current Individual Fitness Report from the Fitness Management System
4. Current Point Credit Accounting Report System (PCARS) (in vMPF select “Self Service Actions” link, then select “Personal Data”, select “ANG/USAFR Point Credit Summary Inquiry (PCARS)" and then finally select “View All” to print as pdf); if Active Duty submit the equivalent form of an AF 1613 or Statement of Service
5. Branch equivalent documents authorized
EEO POLICY STATEMENT: Consideration for this position will be without regard to sex, age, handicap (except where required by military regulations), race, color, national origin, religion, lawful political affiliation or membership/non-membership in an employee organization. Submit applications by email to: email@example.com