ANNOUNCEMENT # 23-03-03 AF
POSITION TITLE: Cyber System Operations
GRADE: SrA/E-4 NTE MSgt/E-7
LOCATION: Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA
UNIT: 185th COS, 192d WG
OPENING DATE: 2 Mar 2023
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
WHO MAY APPLY:
Open to all members of the Virginia Air National Guard, or who are eligible to become members of the Virginia Air National Guard in grades SrA/E4 NTE MSgt/E-7. (NATIONWIDE).
CROSS TRAINING AUTHORIZED: N ASVAB SCORE REQUIRED: N/A
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Must meet all selection criteria IAW ANGI 36-101 Chapter 5, AFI 36-2905, AFI 48-123.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepares for, maintains currency for, and executes an advanced role in Cyberspace Systems Operations. Utilizes knowledge of systems security principles and concepts of emerging Information Technology (IT) security developments, and of the infrastructure protection environment to administer systems and maintain Cyberspace Operational Capabilities.
a) Serves as a technical expert and software focal point on a variety of IT systems with different hardware and operating systems. Enforces command standards for hardware and software configurations. Develops, modifies, and tests overall system backup and recovery strategies for assigned systems. Configures workstation security parameters. Troubleshoots and corrects software problems to include resolving conflicts between applications, hardware and/or device conflicts, and operating system faults. Detects and removes computer viruses. Restores critical data files. Updates hardware and software architecture databases to reflect installations, turn-ins, and changes in reportable software.
b) Serves as a systems and/or network administrator responsible for planning, coordinating, modifying, implementing, and troubleshooting in order to meet unit and mission partner needs. Work pertains to the administration of all systems, including a myriad of associated hardware platforms, software applications and numerous interfaces included in the Local Area Network (LAN).
c) Performs security management in accordance with AFCYBER, ACC, National Guard Bureau (NGB) and Air National Guard (ANG) regulations and policies. Reviews and implements local policies regarding system access, network rights, and physical access to systems and equipment. Ensures the unit meets all special requirements associated with classified IT systems.
d) Analyzes, evaluates, and recommends hardware/software changes to various computer systems. Considers factors such as compatibility with standard systems, conversion or implementation costs, compliance with DoD, USAF, ACC, and ANG policies, and impact on existing equipment.
e) Develops guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs), bulletins and flyers regarding the operation/use of assigned C4 systems, services, and activities. Analyzes policies, regulations, and system provisions governing standard operating systems and provides assistance and advisory services to users.
f) Maintains, operates, and deploys Title 10 & 32 Cyber Weapons Systems in support of CYBERCOM and VA State Missions.
Prepares Regularly Scheduled Drill, Annual Training and currency training events for Mission Ready Cyberspace Operators and Maintainers to optimize training time available. Consults with supervisors, Drill Status Guardsmen, specialists, vendors, and sister Cyberspace Operations Units to administer virtual training range and other system configurations to realistically emulate mission networks to prepare for Cyber Protection and Industrial Control System defense missions and other duties as assigned.
1. Except for mobilization or other emergency, member accepted for tour will not be subject to permanent change of duty location without his/her consent. Retention in the program will be subject to continued satisfactory performance as determined by the supervisor and/or commander.
2. Individuals selected for AGR tours must meet the Preventative Health Assessment (PHA)/physical qualifications outlined in AFI 48-123, Medical Examination and Standards. They must also be current in all Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) requirements to include immunizations. RCPHA/PHA and dental must be conducted not more than 12 months prior to entry on AGR duty and an HIV test must be completed not more than six months prior to the start date of the AGR tour.
3. IAW ANGI 36-101, para 5.5. AGR Airmen are subject to the provisions of ANGI 10-248, Air National Guard (ANG) Fitness Program until superseded by AFI 36-2905, Fitness Program. Airmen must meet the minimum requirements for each fitness component in addition to scoring an overall composite of 75 or higher for entry into the AGR program. For members with a documented DLC which prohibits them from performing one or more components of the Fitness Assessment, an overall "Pass" rating is required.
4. Existing ANG promotion policies apply and grade ceilings established by ANGI 36-101.
5. At the option of supervisor/nominating official, applicants are subject to personal interview upon notification of time and place. Necessary travel is at applicant’s expense.
6. Airmen who voluntarily resigned from the AGR Program in lieu of adverse personnel actions, or who have been involuntarily separated from the AGR Program are not eligible to reenter the program.
7. All notifications of selection are conditional until verification of security clearance, medical clearance and HRO approval.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents in ONE SINGLE PDF package (you can use the adobe portfolio function). INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
1. Completed NGB Form 34-1, Application for Active Guard/Reserve (AGR) Position https://www.ngbpmc.ng.mil/Forms/NGB-Forms/
2. Current Report of Individual Personnel (RIP)/Records Review, dated within last 30 days (Go to vMPF, select “Record Review/Update”, select “View/Print All Pages”, then print as Adobe pdf).
3. Current Individual Fitness Report from the Fitness Management System
4. Current Point Credit Accounting Report System (PCARS) (in vMPF select “Self Service Actions” link, then select “Personal Data”, select “ANG/USAFR Point Credit Summary Inquiry (PCARS)" and then finally select “View All” to print as pdf); if Active Duty submit the equivalent form of an AF 1613 or Statement of Service
5. Branch equivalent documents authorized
6. Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) Report (AF Portal)
EEO POLICY STATEMENT: Consideration for this position will be without regard to sex, age, handicap (except where required by military regulations), race, color, national origin, religion, lawful political affiliation or membership/non-membership in an employee organization.
Submit applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org