ANNOUNCEMENT # 23-05-01AF
POSITION TITLE: Security Forces Superintendent
GRADE: MSgt/E-7 (Promotable) NTE SMSgt/E-8
LOCATION: Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA
UNIT: 192 Security Forces Squadron, 192 Wing
OPENING DATE: 22 May 2023
CLOSING DATE: 5 June 2023
WHO MAY APPLY: Open to current on board AGR members of the Virginia Air National Guard, fully qualified 3P071 AFSC in the grade of E-7 promotable NTE E-8 (pending control grade availability). (STATEWIDE)
CROSS TRAINING AUTHORIZED: N
ASVAB SCORE REQUIRED: N/A
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Must meet all selection criteria IAW ANGI 36-101 Chapter 5, AFI 36-2905, AFI 48-123.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Manage full time Security Forces Squadron staff with day-to-day operations, training, and equipping of the Security Forces Squadron. This includes the planning, preparation, coordination and work effort involved in Regular Schedule Drills, Annual Training, Special Training, annual tours; deployment, contingency, and backfill support; inspections, exercises, and visits; finance, administrative, and personnel actions to include orders and command support staff functions, procurement, maintenance, and accountability of unit and mobility equipment, supplies; assist with facility maintenance and upkeep. The incumbent takes necessary actions and measures for a coordinated, consistent, efficient and effective training operation to ensure compliance with applicable directives and requirements. Prepares plans, schedules, and various unit training activities for the commander’s approval, to include the annual training plan, regular schedule drills, annual tours, formal schools, professional military education, collective and sustainment training, ancillary and recurring training, training exercises and readiness activities; and combat arms/weapons training and qualification. Manages the preparation of plans, schedules, and various unit training activities to include the annual training plan, drills, annual tours, formal schools, professional military education, sustainment training, ancillary and recurring training, exercises, readiness activities. Monitors, tracks, records individual and unit compliance in meeting all training requirements. Participates in training, exercises, and evaluations. Performs other duties as directed.
1.Except for mobilization or other emergency, member accepted for tour will not be subject to permanent change of duty location without his/her consent. Retention in the program will be subject to continued satisfactory performance as determined by the supervisor and/or commander.
2.Individuals selected for AGR tours must meet the Preventative Health Assessment(PHA)/physical qualifications outlined in AFI 48-123, Medical Examination and Standards. They must also be current in all Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) requirements to include immunizations. RCPHA/PHA and dental must be conducted not more than 12 months prior to entry on AGR duty and an HIV test must be completed not more than six months prior to the start date of the AGR tour. 3. IAW ANGI 36-101, para 5.5. AGR Airmen are subject to the provisions of ANGI 10-248, Air National Guard (ANG) Fitness Program until superseded by AFI 36-2905, Fitness Program. Airmen must meet the minimum requirements for each fitness component in addition to scoring an overall composite of 75 or higher for entry into the AGR program. For members with a documented DLC which prohibits them from performing one or more components of the Fitness Assessment, an overall "Pass" rating is required.
4. Existing ANG promotion policies apply and grade ceilings established by ANGI 36-101.
5. At the option of supervisor/nominating official, applicants are subject to personal interview upon notification of time and place. Necessary travel is at applicant’s expense.
6. Airmen who voluntarily resigned from the AGR Program in lieu of adverse personnel actions, or who have been involuntarily separated from the AGR Program are not eligible to reenter the program.
7. All notifications of selection are conditional until verification of security clearance, medical clearance and HRO approval.
Interested applicants must submit the following documents in ONE SINGLE PDF package (you can use the adobe portfolio function). INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
1. Completed NGB Form 34-1, Application for Active Guard/Reserve (AGR) Position https://www.ngbpmc.ng.mil/Forms/NGB-Forms/
2. Current Report of Individual Personnel (RIP)/Records Review, dated within last 30 days (Go to vMPF, select “Record Review/Update”, select “View/Print All Pages”, then print as Adobe pdf).
3. Current Individual Fitness Report from the Fitness Management System
4. Current Point Credit Accounting Report System (PCARS) (in vMPF select “Self Service Actions” link, then select “Personal Data”, select “ANG/USAFR Point Credit Summary Inquiry (PCARS)" and then finally select “View All” to print as pdf); if Active Duty submit the equivalent form of an AF 1613 or Statement of Service
5. Branch equivalent documents authorized
6. Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) Report (AF Portal)
EEO POLICY STATEMENT: Consideration for this position will be without regard to sex, age, handicap (except where required by military regulations), race, color, national origin, religion, lawful political affiliation or membership/non-membership in an employee organization.
Submit applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org