1. This vacancy announcement is for the position of Company Commander, Captain (CPT), O-3 vacancy position:
a. Projected fill date: 01 December 2023
b. Unit Where Vacancy Exists: 1033rd Engineer Support Company (ESC), 175 Essayons Drive, Cedar Bluff, Virginia 24609.
c. Female assignment eligibility: Yes
d. Position Area of Concentration (AOC): 12A (Engineer)
e. Eligibility Criteria:
(1) Applicant must meet one of the following criteria:
(a) Hold the rank of Captain (CPT), O-3;
(b) Hold the rank of First Lieutenant (1LT), O-2, and is eligible for promotion to CPT, O-3. Candidate must have at least three (3) years remaining service obligation on effective date of promotion;
(2) Must have a minimum of a Secret clearance;
(3) Technicians and AGR are eligible to apply;
(4) Must be a deployable asset at the time of application submission;
2. Application Procedures: Submit documents listed below no later than 30 September 2023. Submit Packets Digitally.
a. Memorandum requesting consideration;
b. Last three (3) DA Form 67-10-2, Officer Evaluation Report(s);
c. Officer Record Brief (validated within 60-days);
d.Military biography IAW NGR 600-200 (optional);
e.Letter of Recommendation (optional);
f.Any additional information (optional)
3.Membership. Applicants are required to serve in the Army National Guard of the United States and, if selected, must transfer to the Virginia National Guard. If not already a member of the Virginia National Guard, the selected applicant must submit an Interstate Transfer (IST) packet within 15-days of selection.
4.Equal Opportunity. The Virginia National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Select for this position will be made without discrimination for any non-merit reason(s)such as age, gender, ethnic origin, race, religious, political affiliation, martial status,sexual orientation, handicap or non-disqualifying disability. Pre-selection is not only counter-productive to effective recruiting and placement, but also violates Virginia
National Guard Placement principles and will not be tolerated.
5.The point of contact for this advertisement can be reached at (434) 987-9118