SANDSTON, Va. –
The Virginia National Guard Family Programs Office provides a personal financial counselor at no cost to service members and their families.
Personal Financial Counselor Samantha Wright is located at the Mullins Armory on Beulah Road in Sandston. Contact her at PFC.VA.NG@zeiders.com or by phone at 703-635-9853.
According to Virginia National Guard State Family Programs Director Vickie Sais she offers National Guard service members financial services at no cost and is now available for appointments within a 50 mile radius of Sandston. She will also travel to drill for briefings and personal appointments, and can conduct “Lunch and Learn” on a variety of topics.
Sais said that when traveling more than 50 miles from Sandston, she will need a request form sent to OSD and will need two weeks’ notice to put in a travel request.
The following financial services are offered:
* Blended Retirement System
* Assistance in setting up workable spending plans
* Understanding the new blended retirement system
* Reviewing credit reports and advise on how to increase FICO scores
* If needed, dispute any incorrect information on your credit report
* Develop a budget to meet your financial needs
* Investing in the TSP and choosing the funds which will help meet your financial objectives
* Comprehensive Investment planning
* Comprehensive Retirement planning
* Comprehensive Estate planning
* Financial advice when purchasing a new car or home
* Consultations on any other financial matter
Wright is a military spouse and an Office of Security of Defense contracted personal financial counselor. She was awarded the Military Spouse Fellowship Scholarship through the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. She successfully completed her Accredited Financial Counselor Certification through the Association for Financial Counseling and Planning Education. She has served as a financial counselor intern for Fort Campbell, Kentucky, and as an Army Community Service Financial Readiness volunteer at Fort Lee, Virginia.